Market information for the venders
Located at centrally at the Decks Reserve Carpark, the Motueka Sunday Market is open every Sunday from 8am – 1pm with 50 stalls.
The stalls present at the market can vary week to week but includes:
- Seasonal fruit, berries, honey, eggs and vegetables
- Organic food and organic produce
- Natural fruit juice
- Fast food, coffee and ice-cream
- Gourmet food stuffs
- Freshly baked breads
- Sweets and baked goods
- Plants and grasses
- Organic seedlings and plants
- Imported clothing, hats, jewellery, accessories
- Quality second-hand items
- Tarot and palm reading
- Arts and craft displays
Stallholder booking & allocation
Stalls are booked on a permanent basis one month at a time or can be booked casually week by week. If you are interested in booking a stall please email Judy at email@example.com
Site fees are payable on market day and tax receipts issued.
Stallholder parking is available offsite. NO stallholder is allowed to park within the market area unless prior approval has been given by Market Co-ordinator.
- No vehicle movement between 8am and 1pm
- No dogs are allowed in cars
- The sale of counterfeit/illegal goods is not allowed
- Food carts must display TDC food licence at all times
- New food carts must receive prior permission to operate from the Market Co-ordinator
- Food stalls must provide their own customer seating
- Stallholders are responsible for the removal of all self-generated rubbish
- Any minor or major grievances must be directed to the Market Co-ordinator immediately.
- All stalls are encouraged to operate using a gazebo
General terms and conditions
Stallholders are required to review, sign and return the Stallholder Terms & Conditions form which is available upon request. The agreement covers Market Rules and General Terms and conditions of entry. If you are operating a food stall and are unsure about licensing requirements for operating ‘Food Stalls and Food Vans’ please contact the Tasman District Council on (03) 528 2022 or visit www.tasman.govt.nz
- Set up of stall must be completed by 8am with vehicles removed to either BNZ carpark, , Fletcher Vautier Moore carpark or Sprig and Fern carpark. NO VEHICLE IS TO BE PARKED IN FRONT OF THE I SITE .
- Gazebos of 2.5 metres are required to fit TDC carparks , 3metre gazebos will be charged at 1 and a half sites.
- No cooked food is to be sold without a TDC food licence and prior permission from the organizer.
- No dogs are to be left in vehicles.
- The bulk of goods are to be displayed on tables not tarpaulins on the ground.
- For non –attendance a text ( no phone messages)is imperative prior to 6.30am Sunday 027 278 8806 .
- No movement of vehicles prior to 1pm .
- Site must be left clean , large empty cardboard boxes must be removed from market by stallholder.
- Boxes of unwanted clothing are NOT to be dropped at the Red Cross quarters.
- Any problems the organizer is to be notified immediately
You can download a printable copy of the above terms here.
The Motueka Sunday Market Co-ordinator will be found at the Wallace Street Entrance each Sunday at 7am.
How to get here
Conveniently located in central Motueka in the Decks Reserve Carpark, Wallace Street, Motueka. The Motueka Sunday Market operates behind the i-Site Visitor Information Centre.
Email intended attendance during the week and confirm via text on Saturday.
(03) 540 2709
027 278 8806
8am – 1pm
6am – 7.45am
New stallholders are requested to meet the Market Co-ordinator at the Wallace Street Entrance at 7am on market day.
1pm – 2.30pm
Summer rate $25.00 1st November – 31st April
Winter rate $20.00 1st May – 31st October
Standard stall 2.5mts x 2.5mts
Additional services available
Trestle Table Hire per table $5